- Grant Manager
- Writing Grant Proposals
Writing Grant Proposals
This phase of the writing process is to generate ideas and build support for these ideas among those who will value them. Activities that occur are:
- Build support for the idea
- Determine if the organization can implement it
- Develop a Budget and Budget Narrative
- Develop an idea for a program, product, service, or activity
- Develop Timetable for Project
- Document and demonstrate need or benefit
- Plan the proposal activities
Provided are some items that may be needed for your project budget:
- Construction - Costs associated with a construction project related to new construction, alterations, and renovations.
- Contractual - Consultant, service contracts for evaluations, surveys, speaker fees, bookkeeping, cleaning, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Equipment - Office equipment, vehicles equipment, moveable equipment, equipment rental, equipment installation.
- Fringe Benefits - Staff benefits including FICA, Wyoming Retirement, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, vacation accrual.
- Personnel - Salaried personnel, hourly personnel, salary increases. Special categories of people who may need to assist with the project, i.e, research assistants, interviewers, computer programmers, secretaries, clerk-typists, editorial assistants, technicians, accounting staff, grants compliance reporting staff, etc.
- Supplies - Office supplies, postage, test materials, questionnaire forms, duplicating materials, books/journals, electronic supplies, and report materials and supplies.
- Travel - Automobile/aircraft/cab expense, subsistence - lodging and meals associated with administrative travel, fieldwork, professional meetings and consultant travel.
- Other - Space rental, utilities, insurance, audit fees, mailing lists, etc.